Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Motion City Or Bust

After a short trip to NYC that was anything but resting, I was humbly quieted by the weather which stranded me at JFK for 7 hours.
My weekend began with a rather long and arduous car ride that left me feeling defeated and open to attack all while in the name of support. I took the trip to champion my friends from Rochester who's band The Pax Cecilia was playing a show in Brooklyn the following night.
Excited to be back home in my old neighborhood I was also pretty anxious to hear the band perform live considering that the venue was a Polish dance club on the off nights - equipped with velvet couches and beaded curtains.
The show went on without a hitch and they pulled off a masterful performance as usual. A sweet victory for them. After we celebrated with some Brooklyn pizza - along with some mass hysteria hanging out on N7th and Bedford Ave. in Williamsburg. It is literally the busiest corner in the world. I've never seen so many people in one place not standing still, if that at all makes sense.
After pizza I parted way with my friends. They headed back to Rochester while I stayed the rest of the weekend.
Fast forward 3 days and an excruciating 90 minutes later (the time it took to try to comprehend the new M. Night Shyamalan catastrophe...I totally think it's the mood ring and not the plants), I arrived at the Jet Blue terminal. I managed to make it there an hour before my flight only to find out after printing my boarding pass, the flight had been delayed 2 hours. Then it quickly became 3 hours and then 4 and so on and so on. This is where the tequila, a drunk girl from Sweden and my first blog subject comes into play. My subject being Matt, a member of the band Motion City Soundtrack, who had just ended a tour with Panic at the Disco. He was stranded as well. His connecting flight from California to Virginia had been canceled until the next morning. He was a sound for sore ears and not too bad on the eyes either. He's also taken so there was no extended flirting from me. We spent some time talking about music and life and the Lakers win over the Celtics in an NBA playoff game that we watched in the bar that night. So after some conversation, Matt made me realize that I should get my music blog that I created a year before up and running. So here's to you Matt - thanks.

Motion City Soundtrack
- Melodic pop at it's best. A kind of real life soundtrack to the adolescent lover's summer tryst. They manage to give sad subjects a brighter side with quick catchy beats that never stall. If all the pop/rock bands were more lyrical and full-grown as Motion City I might just have to cross over. I can't wait to catch them live.

-Stacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home